1. Which cereal is the principal ingredient of the Italian dish risotto?
Ans - Rice
2. VE Day marks the end of the Second World War in Europe; in which month is it celebrated?
Ans - May
3. In which African country is the port of Alexandria?
Ans - Egypt
4.In a standard Monpoly Board what colour are Trafalgar Square, Fleet Street and Strand?
Ans : Red
5. Where on a horse is the tuft of hair known as a fetlock?
Ans : Hoof
6. Canada has two official languages; one of them is English, what is the other?
Ans : French
7. In which year did Neil Armstrong become the first man to walk on the Moon?
8. In George Orwell`s Animal Farm which animals put forward the theory that while all animals are equal, some animals are more equal than others?
Ans : Pigs
9, Created by TS Eliot under the name Old Possum, what kind of animals are Mr Mistoffelees, Macavity and Gus?
Ans : Cats
10. Cumulus and stratus are both types of what?
Ans : Clouds
11. Which famous motor car company was formed in March 1906 after its two founders met in Manchester in May 1904?
Ans - Rolls Royce
12. Discovered by Alexander Fleming, what was the world`s first antibiotic drug used successfully to treat bacterial infections?
Ans - Penicillin
13. Who succeeded Neville Chamberlain as British Prime Minister in 1940?
Ans : Winston Churchill
14. Dry ice, is the solid form of which gas?
Ans : Carbon Di Oxide
15. Jim Hawkins, whose mother keeps the Admiral Benbow Inn, is the narrator of which classic adventure story by Robert Louis Stevenson?
Ans : Treasure Island
16. Henry VII, Henry VIII and Elizabeth all belonged to which Royal House?
Ans : Tudor
17. Whose novel The Silmarillion was first published in 1977, four years after his death in 1973?`
Ans J.R.R. Tolkien
18. Who, in 1901, became the first man to transmit a radio signal across the Atlantic?
Ans : Marconi
19. What was the name of Nelson`s flagship at the Battle of Trafalgar?
Ans : HMS Victory
20. Noted for its idleness, what name is given to a male honey-bee?
Ans : Drone
21. What would be the British equivalent of the professional known in America as a realtor?
Ans : Estate Agent
22. The puppies of which breed of dog are born white, with their distinctive spots only beginning to appear after two weeks?
Ans : Dalmatian
23. Which vitamin, produced by sunlight, plays an important role in building up calcium in the body?
Ans : Vitamin D
24. On which Italian island, is the active volcano, Mount Etna?
Ans : Sicily
25. Which sign of the zodiac is represented by a man carrying water in a jug?
Ans : Aquarius
26. In golf, what term is used for a score of one under par on a hole?
Ans : Birdie
27. Which country`s flag features a large red circle, representing the rising sun, on a white background?
Ans : Japan
28. How many strings does a modern guitar normally have?
Ans : 6
29. What was the nationality of the composers Giuseppe Verdi and Giacomo Puccini?
Ans : Italy
30. In which of Shakespeare`s plays is the title character killed by Macduff?
Ans : Macbeth
31. In Arthurian legend, what was the name of King Arthur`s wife?
Ans : Gunivere
32. The Colosseum is a well-known ruined amphitheatre in which city?
Ans : Rome
33. Zen is one of the best known forms of which major world religion?
Ans : Japan
34. How many sides does a heptagon have?
Ans : 7
35. Gratin, Lyonnasise and Duchesse are all ways of cooking what?
Ans : Potato
36. In which American city is the headquarters of the United Nations?
Ans : New York City
37. Which bone in the human leg is properly known as the patella?
Ans : Kneecap
38. In which comic does Desperate Dan appear?
Ans : Dandy
39. Which planet is named after the Roman God of war?
Ans : Mars
40. Beirut is the capital of which Middle Eastern country?
Ans : Lebanon